Society

‘Douche du Jour’: Texas Family Law Judge William Adams Savagely Beats Disabled Daughter; Abuse Caught on Video

Someone who definitely ought to have known better is facing harsh judgement after a video of him beating his disabled daughter with a belt appeared online.

Adams: Douchebag of the Year shoe-in? We'll be the judge of that.

According to Gawker, the disturbing video was secretly shot by the teenager, who was being punished for downloading games and music from the internet without permission.

The victim, Hillary Adams, suffers from ataxic cerebral palsy. She was 16 at the time of this incident, which took place in 2004, although she’d been abused by her father for years.

What kind of colossal douchebag would beat up on his disabled adolescent daughter?

His name is William Adams, and not only is he competing for the title of WORST DAD OF 2011, he’s already got a title that raises serious public safety concerns: Adams is an Aransas County, Texas Court-at-Law Judge.

He is a family law judge.

Hillary posted the following statement along with the video of the cruel attack on Youtube:

2004: Aransas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams took a belt to his own teenage daughter as punishment for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time. She has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father’s backwards views. The judge’s wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video. The judge’s wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day, and has sincerely apologized and repented for her part and for allowing such a thing, long before this video was even revealed to exist. Judge William Adams is not fit to be anywhere near the law system if he can’t even exercise fit judgement as a parent himself. Do not allow this man to ever be re-elected again. His “judgement” is a giant farce. Signed, Hillary Adams, his daughter

Within a few days of the video’s posting, the link-sharing site Reddit brought the story to national attention. The cruel and unusual punishment meted out to his daughter ought to immediately disqualify Judge Williams from the bench and open him to criminal prosecution. Maybe if he did a little prison time he’d come to empathize with his daughter because he’d gain exquisite first-hand knowledge of what it’s like to be the victim of abuse.

The Texas State Commission on Judicial Conduct is in charge of investigating judicial misconduct and has the power to issue  “sanctions, censures, suspensions, or recommendations for removal from office.” You can contact the Commission by clicking here. Judge Adams’ office can be reached at 361-790-0185, fax 361-790-0185.

Here’s the video. Be warned, it is disturbing and contains sustained physical and verbal abuse:

UPDATE: Judge Adams has admitted to beating Hillary. “It happened years ago… I apologized,” he explained. “It’s not as bad as it looks on tape,” he added.

“Wow, that is a perfect example of his making light of the situation,” Hillary Adams told television station KRIS. “He is a shining example of the way he would treat us. I just can’t believe he would say something like, he doesn’t think it’s a big deal.”

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Thunder-RoseNovember 2, 2011 at 4:21 amReply

What I’ve gotta say is gonna be just as brutal as the beating this SHIT FOR BRAINS PISS POOR SORRY EXCUSE FOR A man GAVE TO his DAUGHTER!! Mabey someone should take a lil trip and hunt his ass down and give him the beating of his life!!!!! Mabey someone should tie his ass up and F#@$ him HARD with a VERY SPLINTERED BROOMSTICK!! Mabey someone should tie his ass up and beat him sensless with a barbed wired baseball bat!! Mabey someone should beat his ass up to a bloody pulp ‘flavored’ by the powder of his bones to the point that his own mama wouldn’t be able to recognize his ass!!! As YOU, the reader have figured out, YES I am an abuse SURVIVOR! My dad did the same damn thing to me! He’d use his belt, the metal handle of a flyswatter, wire coathanger, extension electrical cords, his hands and his steeltoed boots would go wherever he pleased! I’d more than a LOT of occasions would go to school welted and bruised and quite simply worn down to absolutely NOTHING. I had NO self esteem, I had NO self respect I had NO sense of dignity, I had NO sense of pride. I was made to believe that my purpose was to be beaten by my dad and ignored by my mom. So I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND what MS HILLARY went thru!! This makes me wonder if these SORRY EXCUSES FOR “parents” are doing the same SICKENING thing to their younger girl (the little girl in the beginning of this video). This, this, sick lowlife DESPERATELY and IMMEDIATELY BE FIRED, DISBARRED, REMOVED FROM OFFICE AND PERMANETLY BLACKLISTED IN ANY AND ALL FEDERAL REGISTRIES TO NEVER BE ALLOWED TO PRACTICE LAW IN ANY OTHER STATE! I just HOPE LIKE HELL that PRIZON TIME WILL BE JUST AS CRUEL AND INHUMANE AS THE WAY he ABUSED HILLARY!!! As in “The Scarlet Letter”, he SHOULD BE FORCED TO WEAR A SIGN ON his body THAT SAYS “FORMER JUDGE AND CURRENT CHILD ABUSER!” THEN WITH FELLOW INMATES (And add in a GUARD or two..), LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!

I DO apologize to YOU the reader for the language I have used. I apologize that with my language I haven’t offended anyone too badly. This D!(KL3$$ BASTARD SEVERELY OFFENDED ME!!!!

I SIMPLY PRAY THAT MS HILLARY HAS AND IS CONTINUING COUNSELING AND MAKING USE OF OTHER RESOURCES TO HELP HER DEAL WITH THE TRAUMA SHE’S BEEN THRU!!!! MS HILLARY, I OFFER YOU A HUGE HUG OF UNDERSTANDING, AND A WISH FOR YOU TO FIND PEACE AND A PURPOSE FOR YOUR LIFE! I ALSO PRAY FOR YOUR LITTLE SISTER, THAT SHE MAY NEVER GO THRU WHAT YOU DID!!! I PRAY FOR HEALING! I PRAY FOR STRENGTH! I PRAY FOR PRIDE SO THAT YOU WILL ONE DAY BE ABLE TO HOLD YOUR HEAD PROUDLY HIGH AND TELL the ASSHOLE to GO F$#%^ himself!!! YOU ARE A SURVIVOR!!

SO PEOPLE, LET’S DISH OUT THE PUNISHMENT THAT THIS SORRY F$#@ DESERVES BY IMPEACHING him OUTTA OFFICE AND IN PRIZON WHERE he RIGHTFULLY BELONGS FOR THE REST OF his NATURAL LIFE!!!!!!! LETS BRING SOME LONG OVERDUE “JUSTICE” TO MS HILLARY!!! AND NAIL THE B@$#@ard HARD!!!!!

GODBLESS!!!! <3

• ginaNovember 2, 2011 at 7:50 pmReply

These are strong words ,but very powerful and wise. Thank you for sharing and giving insight to the monsters who call themselves fathers and mothers.They do not deserve the title, let alone hold office.Get rid of the lowlife.

2. belinda watsonNovember 2, 2011 at 4:25 amReply

omg what a monster i was in tears when i watched this hope this monster goes to prison and gets what he deserves and as for her mother she should have protected her daughter from that monster and the fact that her mother was abused is no excuse for her not protecting her i was belted by my father and there is no way i would let them go through what i did i would put myself in front of them if someone even attempted do this to my children and him being a family law judge is even more disturbing he would be dealing with children every day for all the kids sake and hopefully for his own kids sake a criminal lawyer will put him away for a very long time but i doubt that will happen as he is a judge and probably wont even get a harsh punishment and as for his daughter i hope she has grown up moved on and if i was her i would never talk to him again goodluck sweetheart with the rest of your life and im sorry to say this again but your father is a scumbag low life that needs a taste of his own medicine.

3. BindiNovember 2, 2011 at 4:41 amReply

How dare this video be banned because of alleged low quality! I saw his face CLEARLY!!!

4. claudineNovember 2, 2011 at 6:31 amReply

This fucking idiot should be placed in a prison & beat all day and night with a belt from all the prisoners. Then hung!

5. SarahNovember 2, 2011 at 7:20 amReply

Boy, what kinda spoiled brat must you be, to hang your parents out to dry after you try to commit a felony in their home? Cerebral Palsy makes you PHYSICALLY handicapped, not mentally, So the question should be “what did this kid do, to get the lickin of her life?” Children with disabilities also need disciple, just like all children. How funny, the child doesn’t think a federal felony, and confiscation of all assets in the commission of said felony, is a big deal, eh? “Who cares if mom and dad get in trouble, I can do whatever i want” eh? Since we’ve stopped giving lickens with belts, our kids are now narcissist monsters with a chip. Big surprise. The old saying is TRUE, “spare the rod, spoil the child.”

• ToucheNovember 2, 2011 at 12:34 pmReply

@Sarah: Are you sick in the head? She stole a song off the internet therefore she should be sworn at repeatedly and beaten multiple times? This is no spank in the butt, this is a beating accompanied by verbal abuse.

• Pissed off expat veteranNovember 3, 2011 at 4:59 amReply

That simple stealing of one song could cost her parents $250,000 in fines and a prison sentence… still think it’s a silly offense that doesn’t deserve meaningful punishment. I listened to the video and there wasn’t one time where his daughter was verbally abused… he told her what she needed to do and what he was going to do… he didn’t call her names and he didn’t cuss at her. Let’s see you stand idly by if your kid did something that could potentially cost you everything you’ve ever worked for and more… oh that’s right… you don’t have any kids… if you did you wouldn’t be making that statement.

• adamsNovember 3, 2011 at 10:22 amReply

If indeed the parents feared they could possibly be held accountable for their daughter’s internet use, the LOGICAL solution would have been to remove computers from the home.There was simply no logic used, it was pure and simple battery against a minor. Please do not justify the actions of these parents. Doing so is such an injustice to all abused children. Child abuse is everyone’s business. We are each charged with protecting children. Despite the manner in which each of us grew up, there is a clearly defined definition of abuse, and as a social worker I can assure you—– you just witnessed abuse.

• JohnNovember 7, 2011 at 7:36 amReply

My God man! You’re rediculous, complicit, and probably an abuser yourself. How else could anyone condone this type of behavior unless you understood it intimately. I’m sorry you were treated that way but the cycle must end at some point. All children start out as happy innocent people and circumstance trains and molds their lives. Its the failing of parents to not properly structure their childrens environment to limit or manage their temptations. Simply giving birth to them and expecting that they’ll raise themselves is a recipe for creating people like…like…well like you for example. Your apparent lack of empathy and understanding clearly indicates that you are also not a parent, and (God forbid) if you are, your severe limitations have been exposed by your inability to become something greater by having children. They are, by far and away, the greatest thing upon this earth and they bring all sane, rational people closer together all over the world. I’m sorry you have missed the greater mission in your life. I’m sure you won’t be missed.

• summerNovember 3, 2011 at 9:03 amReply

Man I hope you don’t have kids and if you don’t please don’t have them..nut case. You can displine a child but this is a beat down.

• lindaNovember 5, 2011 at 10:31 pmReply

oh my god you are just as bas as these fuckwits

6. DellaNovember 2, 2011 at 8:30 amReply

I can not believe the actions of this person, and I say person because he surely isn’t a man. Beating his own child like that, he shouldn’t be in any kind of office of any authority nor should he be a father, I sincerely hope shame comes to you…

7. Peter PaulNovember 2, 2011 at 9:52 amReply

Somebody, please take this man out. He doesn’t need to suck up any more precious air. He’s a waste of skin.

8. DebNovember 2, 2011 at 12:05 pmReply

Note that he tells his wife, “go get my belt.” He psychologically sucks her into his power, too. Once she takes that step over the line -getting his belt, she has given him her permission for what he is about to do and becomes part of it.

It sounds like she figured part of it out and left the situation, but a lesson for all of us..
    Don’t get “the belt.” Don’t get their beer, or whatever.

Maintain your own judgement. Abusers need permission and support.

9. ClaraNovember 2, 2011 at 4:15 pmReply

DISGUSTING! I DONT care it was years ago as survivor of child abuse exactly like this one I am disgusted by this psycho judge and I am also DISGUSTED by the mother, I cannot believe HER excuse,she is WORSE than the father much WORSE my own mother would end up taking beatings to protect us so the excuses of this woman just dont wash with me..I hope Hillary knows how brave she is and what a truly wonderful human being she is for sharing her story

10. ClaraNovember 2, 2011 at 4:20 pmReply

something very wrong with the family law system when individuals like this are allowed to make decisions affecting other children too,it is obvious he has probably handed hundreds of innocent children into the care of abusers, and as far as the mother…speechless..what a coward! and she did not appear forced into abusing her daughter either..I would never allow my children to be abused like this and it is unbelievable that not only she did nothing but also joined in..what a sad sorry excuse for a mother,I hope that if Hillary ever has her own children she doesnt let them near either of these 2 pathetic individuals

• Pissed off expat veteranNovember 3, 2011 at 5:10 amReply

@ Clara… fine… hold this man accountable for being a parent and send him to jail… but then make sure that you fine the daughter $250,000 for copyright theft as prescribed by law… She broke the law after all!

11. TexasKCNovember 2, 2011 at 7:29 pmReply

Wow. CHEERS to Hillary for both recording and releasing the video. May she be an example to thousands of victims.

12. Pissed off expat veteranNovember 3, 2011 at 4:52 amReply

First of all, I’ve watched just about every news report about this story today and I fail to see how the young lady in the video is considered disabled. She had the mental acuity to video her “beating” therefore she was expecting to get punished so she knew that she had done wrong. She broke her parents rules and stole something and was punished for it. I have suffered worse than that at the hands of my parents growing up but it never did me any lasting harm. The problem with society today is that this doesn’t happen often enough… children have gotten used to there being no consequences for their actions because dudley doo right’s all over the world get their knickers in a bunch when they hear about a child being punished. So what? This was a private family matter – not something that should be plastered over the net.
    For the record, I am against child abuse but let’s not get away from reality here… punishing a child for breaking the rules, even if that punishment involves getting “six of the best” does not constitute child abuse. She was not broken, bruised and bleeding… she was not pleading for her life… she knew she had done wrong and fully expected to get punished (hence her cunning use of video to get back at her dad)… what we have here is an unruly 16 year old who stole and is using video of her just punishment to get back at her dad… plain and simple.
    When I was a young teenager, I had my ass busted by the deputy principal of my school with a 1″ diameter bamboo cane just for taking a short cut during a school cross country run – because back then corporal punishment still existed and was effective… today kids don’t have to face consequences for their actions because of the media circus that occurs when they do and the end result is more criminal behavior at a younger age.
    Get real people… see this for what it is and get off your high horses… she was an unruly teenager that got a taste of her just desserts for breaking the rules (and apparently the law).

13. Doreen JohnsonNovember 3, 2011 at 5:30 amReply

I just finished watching this disgusting video with my hand over my mouth the whole time..not believing what I was seeing!!! I was also beat just like this when I was growing up..and the memory of it all came flooding back to me! This so called excuse of a man should also be beat..and as for the mother..who was suppose to protect her daughter..she is just as bad!!! This so called Judge who has sat there in his chair for years judging others..needs to be broguht down…he is not a man..never mind a judge!! I pray something is done to him after everyone sees this video!!!

14. HollyNovember 11, 2011 at 9:08 amReply

I’d just like to say… if the daughter released the video in retaliation for her father reporting her theft of a car to the police… clearly the beatings she received had no lasting positive impact on her behaviors and were not the route to go.