US Government

Code Pink Activist Rae Abileah Attacked by AIPAC Thugs During Netanyahu D.C. Speech, then Arrested in Hospital

Rae Abileah, an activist from the anti-war group Code Pink, was assaulted by a group of AIPAC (American Israel Public Affairs Committee) thugs after she interrupted a speech by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu before a joint session of the US Congress in Washington, DC earlier today.

Rae Abileah: assaulted by Zionist thugs. (Photo: Sasha Kimel)

According to The Raw Story,Abileah shouted “STOP ISRAELI WAR CRIMES!” and was then tackled by the AIPAC Zionists. She sustained injuries to her neck and shoulder and was taken to George Washington University Hospital for treatment. While there, she was placed under arrest for bravely standing up to Israeli crimes against humanity.

Abileah said she was “in great pain” but her ordeal was nothing “compared to the pain and suffering that Palestinians go through on a regular basis.”

“I have been to Gaza and the West Bank,” she said. “I have seen Palestinians’ homes bombed and bulldozed, I have talked to mothers whose children have been killed during the invasion of Gaza, I have seen the Jewish-only roads leading to ever-expanding settlements in the West Bank. This kind of occupation cannot continue… I feel obligated to rise up and speak out against these crimes being committed in my name and with my tax dollars.”

Bravo, Ms. Abileah. Couldn’t have said it better myself. And yet she was arrested, not the vile war criminal Netanyahu, who presides over one of the most despicably racist, colonialist states on earth?

If I were half as much of a baby-slaughtering war criminal as Netanyahu, I would wish that every Israeli who supports their illegitimate state’s daily atrocities against the occupied Palestinian people could sample just a taste of the constant death, suffering and humiliation perpetrated in their names against their innocent neighbors. But I am not, and so I don’t. But I can certainly understand those who refuse to recognize Israel’s right to exist, and although I am a pacifist, I can empathize with those who would resort to “terrorism” out of utter desperation and hopelessness. After all, “terrorism” is in the eye of the terrorized. And as far as I’m concerned, Israel and its American enablers are two of the most prolific terrorist states on the planet.

As usual, Netanyahu hid behind the facade of democracy when confronted with dissent. “You know, I take it as a badge of honor, and so should you, that in our free societies that you can have protest,” he said to Congress right after Abileah’s interruption, a true humanitarian intervention (albeit a largely ineffective one). “You can’t have these protests in the farcical parliaments in Tehran or Tripoli,” he added, receiving thunderous applause from the congressmen and women who practically fall over each other to pander to their Zionist benefactors.

Of course, those who disgustingly defend Zionism and Israeli atrocities will probably call me an anti-Semite, and they’ll probably try to tar Ms. Abileah with the same desperately ugly brush. But they would be quite mistaken, for Abileah is Jewish, and so is my entire mother’s side of my family. I even attended several years of Hebrew school as an adolescent. The  Zionists  have a special hatred and a special name for their co-religionists who bravely stand up for what is right and just in that eminently unjust corner of the world: “self-hating Jews.”

Now there’s a real “badge of honor,” Bibi.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. TRUTHMay 25, 2011 at 1:59 amReply

thanks to brave women and brave men, who also denounce ZIONISM, someday, somehow, the world will be a better place.

too bad the nation is populated by clueless morons who were watching DANCING WITH THE FAGS and MERKAN IDLE when this woman was being assaulted for her TRUTH.

• Brett WilkinsMay 25, 2011 at 2:01 pmReplyAuthor

I believe it’s “Dancing with the Stars.”

2. OMG !!!!May 25, 2011 at 6:38 amReply

OMG i’ve never seen so much subserviant monkey’s in one place

• Brett WilkinsMay 25, 2011 at 2:00 pmReplyAuthor

You’re insulting monkeys.

3. David L SteinhardtMay 25, 2011 at 7:19 amReply

This story is sourced to Raw Story? But Raw Story only says “allegedly” and doesn’t source it. A Seattle NBC station sources it to a live link to Medea Benjamin on Facebook, where Benjamin does NOT claim any beating at all at the link. Is this a rumor?

4. SamMay 25, 2011 at 9:03 amReply

democracy? America is not a democracy. America is a REPUBLIC. Learn what the difference is. Israel and Judaism is what is wrong with the world. Any religion that teaches supremacy of one race over another should not be tolerated by civilized peoples.

• Brett WilkinsMay 25, 2011 at 2:08 pmReplyAuthor

Um, I do believe that Israel and Judaism are separate entities. Judaism is not the main problem. The problem is Zionism. Yes, Judaism (like Christianity and Islam) claims superiority over other religions, and this is despicable to say the least. But we’ve got to be careful when we say Jews are the problem; this is patently false and reeks of anti-Semitism. Of course, my frothing Zionist detractors will call me anti-Semitic anyway.

• Ramy MahmoudJuly 2, 2011 at 3:10 pmReply

Actually Islam does not claim superiority over any race or religion. If fact we as Muslims refer to Christians and Jewish as “People of the book”. The book meaning revelation. Now that does not mean that Buddhism and Hinduism are “wrong” either. The message of Islam is that of logic and peace. Believe you are a created object and NOTHING MORE, believe that your fellow human beings are a part of you and equal to you, and do good things in service of those human beings. The relationship with God (the creator of the objects called human beings, Earth, universe, and soul) is up to the individual alone. Indeed, the message of Islam is not superior to any religion or race, but in fact a combination of them.

5. AviMay 25, 2011 at 9:21 amReply

Just what traumatic event and/or drug abuse occurs in someone’s life to make them so utterly ignorant, naive and confused about what is really going on between Israel and those belonging to that belief-system known for its intolerance and violent hatred of the ‘other’, Islam?

• Brett WilkinsMay 25, 2011 at 2:05 pmReplyAuthor

Yup, Islam is full of intolerance. But so is Judaism and Christianity. Islam, after all, is but a continuation of the Abrahamic tradition. Perhaps if you were to spend some time focusing on the similarities instead of the divisive differences, and not ridiculous accusations of “traumatic events” and “drug abuse,” you would realize this. I guess the entire United Nations (except the US, of course) is full of traumatized countries run by drug abusers; the UN has condemned Israeli crimes again and again– more than 200 times– so, dear reader, I believe it is you who is “utterly ignorant, naive and confused.” May your beloved Israel realize the error of its ways or rot in hell.

6. Charles KaltwasserMay 25, 2011 at 3:13 pmReply

I have a huge antique book on US history and it is published 1909 a.d.
    The phrase “STATE OF ISREAL” is not even in the book. When I tell people this, they think I’m kidding. Human history has been wiped clean. So much has been washed away in favour of the Flag of Isreal. The United States of America is as much a pass tense thing as the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics is a pass tense thing. When people finally wake up, it will have been for naught.

7. MikeMay 25, 2011 at 6:53 pmReply

Is she a moron or what!

• Brett WilkinsMay 26, 2011 at 10:41 amReplyAuthor

What a wonderful video; thanks for sharing, Mike!

8. Betty FokkerMay 26, 2011 at 8:47 amReply

I cannot condone terrorism. Dead Israeli children are as tragic as dead Palestine children. I whole-heartedly hope the Israeli occupation of Palestine ends, and believe it is a moral outrage, but violence won’t solve this. Only information and public pressure (ala Gandhi) will work.

9. daveMay 26, 2011 at 11:11 pmReply

Who taught you to hate jews? Was it your mom, your dad, a friend or teacher…….. Somebody had to teach you. You certainly weren’t born with such hatred in your heart. What sad and painful events happened in your life?

• Brett WilkinsMay 26, 2011 at 11:47 pmReplyAuthor

Excuse me, but Rae Abileah IS a Jew. So are many of my friends, both Israeli and American, who detest what Israel is doing to the Palestinians. And by the way, my mother was Jewish and so are my aunts and cousins on her side of the family. The problem with you fucking Zionists is that you’ve rigged the game so that anyone who criticizes Israel is labeled an anti-Semite, and any Jew who does so is a “self-hating Jew.” Shame on you, you Zionist bastard. Hiding behind the such facades is akin to pissing on the graves of your Holocaust victim ancestors. They would be appalled at the monstrous, genocidal festering pariah that is your Israel.

10. RicMay 11, 2016 at 6:12 amReply

You’re all insane! Israel was given to the children of Israel by G-d and as the Jewish state works to secure freedom to all, natives and foreigners alike. Israel’s 22 Arab neighbors work tirelessly to destroy the tiny Jewish state from without while Arabs in the West Bank and Gaza, especially their leaders, work to destroy Isreal from within. This is not a silent Arab campaign, it is voiced daily and written in their literature and charters. Wake up you pathetic self-absorbed self-hating Jews! Keep this up you’ll be regretful when your being matched to the next world war Holocaust gas chambers. Just a bunch of ignorant arrogant schmuks the lot of you!!!