‘Douches du Jour’: 50 Cent & Gilbert Gottfried Poke Fun at Japan Tsunami Victims; Glenn Beck Says Disaster Might be a Sign from God
What is it about monumental human tragedies that always brings out the inner douchebag in some folks?
Today we bring you a ‘Douche du Jour’ trifecta, three prominent Americans from the world of music, comedy and network news (although seeing as how our Daily Douche works for Fox, we can hardly call it “news”) who have made shockingly insensitive jokes or observations about the devastating earthquake and tsunami that has killed thousands of people in Japan.
While many Hollywood celebrities have been tweeting their condolences and prayers to the victims of the largest earthquake and tsunami to ever strike Japan, rapper 50 Cent decided to use Twitter to try his hand at comedy. Here are some of his tweets:
- “Its all good Till b*tches see there christian louboutins floating down da street shit gone get crazy.”
- “Look this is very serious people I had to evacuate all my hoe’s from LA,Hawaii and Japan. I had to do it. Lol”
- “Wave will hit 8am them crazy white boys gonna try to go surfing.”
50, who has displayed this sort of appalling insensitivity online before, must have come to his senses, because he posted these tweets a short time later:
- “Nah this is nuts but what can anyone do about it. Let’s pray for anyone who has lost someone.”
- “Some of my tweets are ignorant I do it for shock value. Hate it or love it. I’m cool either way -50 Cent”
Wannabe comedian 50 Cent should stick to his day job. But what about bona fide funnyman Gilbert Gottfried, who unleashed not one, not two, but at least 10 dickheaded tweets about the unprecedented disaster? Some of the most offensive:
- “I just split up with my girlfriend, but like the Japanese say, [there will] be another one floating by any minute now.”
- “I was talking to my Japanese real estate agent. I said ‘is there a school in this area?’ She said ‘not now, but just wait.'”
- “I fucked a girl in Japan. She screamed ‘I felt the earth move and I’m getting wet.”
- “Japan called me. They said ‘maybe those jokes are a hit in the US, but over here, they’re all sinking.'”
Gottfried’s “jokes” have cost him his job as the voice of the venerable Aflac duck. The insurance company issued a statement saying “Gilbert’s recent comments about the crisis in Japan were lacking in humor and certainly do not represent the thoughts and feelings of anyone at Aflac. There is no place for anything but compassion and concern during these difficult times.” According to the Huffington Post, 75% of Aflac’s business is in Japan.
Then there’s Glenn Beck over at Fox “News,” who opined that the tsunami could be a message from god. “There’s a message being sent,” the überdouche Beck said on his radio show today. “And that is, ‘Hey, you know that stuff we’re doing? Not really working out real well. Maybe we should stop doing some of it.’ I’m just saying.”
And I’m just saying that Glenn Beck, 50 Cent and Gilbert Gottfried are our first-ever trio of Daily Douches.
Tagged 50 cent, 50 cent apologizes for tsumani tweets, 50 cent evacuate all my, 50 cent evacuate all my hoe's, 50 cent gilbert gottfried, 50 cent gilbert gottfried mock tsunami victims, 50 cent gilbert gottfried poke fun at tsunami victims, 50 cent gilbert gottfried twitter tsunami, 50 cent tsumani tweets, aflac japan, celebrities tsunami, Fox News, gilbert gottfried, gilbert gottfried aflac duck, gilbert gottfried fired from aflac, gilbert gottfried tsunami jokes, Glenn Beck, glenn beck tsumani message from god, japan earthquake and tsunami